What's new

Can a device on the guest wifi see the router's SMB share?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JaimeZX

I can obviously ping the gateway from any device, but regardless of whether I turn on "guest" access to the share (or use username/pw), or try it with FTP, I don't seem to be able to make any device on the guest SSIDs see the SMB share. Am I missing anything here? :)

I would hope it’s isolated from the SMB share if you have the guest network isolated.

Test and find out.

I would hope it’s isolated from the SMB share if you have the guest network isolated.

Test and find out.
Well I haven't been able to make it work so far. Trying to figure out how I can make one folder in the Share viewable (read-only) to any device. Thoughts?

As @FreshJR pointed out, this is the way it's meant to work if you have disabled intranet access for the guest network (the Samba shares are on the intranet).

Ha! That was it! Cool. I don't USUALLY want guest devices to have access... but sometimes...