What's new

Can ASUS Arch13 and mifi 7730L work together again ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mr_P

New Around Here
Hello , I've had an ASUS ARCH13 router and Mifi 7730L working before a firmware upgrade. Forgot to save my configs and now I can't seem to get them to talk. Here is my setup

Mifi
Firmware 3.5 (Only version I can find)
LAN x.x.1.1
DMZ x.x.1.9 (Have tried without it, no luck either)
DHCP range x.x.11 - x.x.1.111

Arch13
Firmware .8375 (Latest that I found) ASUSWRT
Static WAN IP
MASK 255.255.255.0
WAN IP x.x.1.9
LAN x.x.1.200
No DHCP

I've always had the USB modem type set to auto. Tried a couple of others, no luck.

When the mifi is first connected I see the internet light come on , then it disappears.
The mifi does not show the router conenction.

I can connect my phone to the router and it works except for double NAT, but at least it works.

This jetpack is my only internet option for my home.

Any help is much appriciated, thanks in advance. :)

Hello , I've had an ASUS ARCH13 router and Mifi 7730L working before a firmware upgrade. Forgot to save my configs and now I can't seem to get them to talk. Here is my setup

Mifi
Firmware 3.5 (Only version I can find)
LAN x.x.1.1
DMZ x.x.1.9 (Have tried without it, no luck either)
DHCP range x.x.11 - x.x.1.111

Arch13
Firmware .8375 (Latest that I found) ASUSWRT
Static WAN IP
MASK 255.255.255.0
WAN IP x.x.1.9
LAN x.x.1.200
No DHCP

I've always had the USB modem type set to auto. Tried a couple of others, no luck.

When the mifi is first connected I see the internet light come on , then it disappears.
The mifi does not show the router conenction.

I can connect my phone to the router and it works except for double NAT, but at least it works.

This jetpack is my only internet option for my home.

Any help is much appriciated, thanks in advance. :)
Power off the RT-ACRH13.
  • Does the Verizon Jetpack® MiFi® 7730L internet light come on and stay on?
    • Yes - Then you have probably misconfigured the RT-ACRH13
    • No - Then there is an issue either with the Verizon Jetpack® MiFi® 7730L or Verizon network
If you determine that the the RT-ACRH13 is misconfigured, go to Advanced Settings >Administration > Operation Mode tab. What you want to use is Access Point mode.

Thank you for the reply, previously the modem was not in AP mode. I have the mifi connected via USB and also the wireless radio on . I can connect from my laptop to the mifi and it doesn't show the router as being connected. The internet is accessible through the mifi though. The internet light on the router comes on, when the mifi is first connected, but goes out about 15 seconds later. I think the 3.5 firmware is not compatable with the ASUS router firmware.

I have reloaded the previous firmwares on the ASUS router and it didn't seem to make a difference. I will re-try them tonight starting with 8347, then 8228.

Thank you

Thank you for the reply, previously the modem was not in AP mode.
The ASUS RT-ACRH13 needs to be in AP mode, not the modem. The RT-ACRH13 will connect via WiFi to the Verizon Jetpack® MiFi® 7730L. You can connect via the USB-C port if you have a USB-C to Ethernet adapter.
  • How are you attempting to connect the ASUS to the MiFi? Be as explicit as possible.

The ASUS RT-ACRH13 needs to be in AP mode, not the modem. The RT-ACRH13 will connect via WiFi to the Verizon Jetpack® MiFi® 7730L. You can connect via the USB-C port if you have a USB-C to Ethernet adapter.
  • How are you attempting to connect the ASUS to the MiFi? Be as explicit as possible.
Using the usb port on the router to the usb port on the mifi

So.... I've taken the 7730l sim card and installed it into my old 4620 mifi. Everything works fine. The latst 7730l firmware 3.5 version is a no go with the ASUS 3.0.0.4.380_8375 firmware. Does anyone know if I can force the old pre 3.A (buggy restarts) firmware to the 7730L. I've heard Verizon will force the firmware update via OTA, but I'm not sure.

So.... I've taken the 7730l sim card and installed it into my old 4620 mifi. Everything works fine. The latst 7730l firmware 3.5 version is a no go with the ASUS 3.0.0.4.380_8375 firmware. Does anyone know if I can force the old pre 3.A (buggy restarts) firmware to the 7730L. I've heard Verizon will force the firmware update via OTA, but I'm not sure.

I have a netgear nighthawk R7000 and R7000p. R7000 was bought in 2015. R7000p 2019.

I use my MiFi 7730L for my home and obviously mobile internet. I connect using USB-C to RJ-45 adapter. Cat-5 cable being used.

The process I go thru is:
Turn on router and hotspot.
I wait for the router to completely turn on. I’ll connect cat-5 cable to router and RJ-45 adapter. Hotspot must be on and connected to cellular provider. Connect dongle to hotspot. It takes about 5-10 seconds to show router has internet connection.

Both routers have netgear firmware, never been flashed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!