1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Can get to Modem 192.168.100.1 anymore

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by dardack, Oct 18, 2018.

1. dardack

dardack New Around Here

I know I was able to a couple months ago when I was having internet issues. I was able to get to 192.168.100.1, print out the error stuff (main trunk needed fixing). Anyways, today I go to check and I'm getting:
    This site took too long to respond.

Did I change a setting that is no longer forwarding this address to the router? Can I fix it?

2. AndreiV

AndreiV Very Senior Member

Well , it would help if you told us what router and modem you have but as a stab in the dark , look at :

WAN >> Special Requirement from ISP >> Enable VPN + DHCP Connection Yes / No . Make sure that is set to YES.

3. dardack

dardack New Around Here

Sorry. Router RT-AC1900P, using the latest asuswrt-merlin (384.7).

Modem is Arris Surfboard SB6190

I do not have that option where you listed it:
    [​IMG]

There is this up top under basic config for WAN:

upload_2018-10-18_13-42-48.png

4. scjr

scjr Senior Member

I have the same router. When I was running an Arris SB6183, this happened to me once. I unplugged the modem to reboot it and was then able to access the modem again.

5. dardack

dardack New Around Here

OK Thanks I"ll try that when I get home and report back.

scjr likes this.
  6. JWoo

JWoo Occasional Visitor

This is a common occurrence, not to worry. The cable modem is tied to your MAC address. Often, especially after playing around with the router's firmware, I have exactly the same issue. No amount of release / renew will work. So, as posted above, the solution is always to unplug the cable modem, wait about 10 - 20 seconds and plug it back in. Once the cable modem reboots it will reinitialize with the router and you are good to go.

scjr likes this.
  7. EventPhotoMan

EventPhotoMan Senior Member

192.168.100.1 work for me now, but yesterday’s internet outage did block me from 192.168.100.1; not sure why, I was trying to check my connection to the isp.