What's new

Can get to Modem 192.168.100.1 anymore

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dardack

New Around Here
I know I was able to a couple months ago when I was having internet issues. I was able to get to 192.168.100.1, print out the error stuff (main trunk needed fixing). Anyways, today I go to check and I'm getting:
This site took too long to respond.

Did I change a setting that is no longer forwarding this address to the router? Can I fix it?

Well , it would help if you told us what router and modem you have but as a stab in the dark , look at :

WAN >> Special Requirement from ISP >> Enable VPN + DHCP Connection Yes / No . Make sure that is set to YES.

Sorry. Router RT-AC1900P, using the latest asuswrt-merlin (384.7).

Modem is Arris Surfboard SB6190

I do not have that option where you listed it:
8IUTuem.png

There is this up top under basic config for WAN:

upload_2018-10-18_13-42-48.png

I have the same router. When I was running an Arris SB6183, this happened to me once. I unplugged the modem to reboot it and was then able to access the modem again.

I have the same router. When I was running an Arris SB6183, this happened to me once. I unplugged the modem to reboot it and was then able to access the modem again.

OK Thanks I"ll try that when I get home and report back.

This is a common occurrence, not to worry. The cable modem is tied to your MAC address. Often, especially after playing around with the router's firmware, I have exactly the same issue. No amount of release / renew will work. So, as posted above, the solution is always to unplug the cable modem, wait about 10 - 20 seconds and plug it back in. Once the cable modem reboots it will reinitialize with the router and you are good to go.

Your cable modem on 192.168.100.1 will lock onto the MAC address for your router. If you cannot reach the cable modem on 192.168.100.1 (which happens often if you change firmware or routers), the simple fix is to power cycle the cable modem. Leave the cable modem off for about 30 seconds and plug the cable modem back in. It will then sync up to your router.

I have the same issue with a Arris TG1682 (Router + Cable Modem) configured in Bridged mode behind my AC86U. I was able to access it at 192.168.100.1 a few weeks ago, but not now. I can ping the address and get a successful ICMP response, but a portquery using TCP to 192.168.100.1:8080 or 80 shows nothing listening (connection refused). I have power cycled modem and ASUS router, but no connectivity so far.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!