What's new

Can I export report from web history on 384.11 - Asus RT-88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AlaaEddin

Occasional Visitor
I wonder if I am able to export a report for the web history if there's anyway to do that please guide me.

Regards.

Look for WebHistory.db in /jffs (I forgot the exact location). It's a sqlite database.

Thank you I really appreciate what are you trying to help me with
I am actually beginner in network world and I want to accomplish this goal but I need more details now how I can enable

- the .sh is it related to.ssh access?
- where should I place the codes?
- Should I being connected through Ethernet to avoid any failure or no need for Ethernet?

forgive me if I am asking so much but I am really trying to understand and learn not only apply an idea and forget it.

By the way this link isn't working: https://pastebin.com/1Aap745G it was in your post.

Thank you so much.

Thank you I really appreciate what are you trying to help me with
I am actually beginner in network world and I want to accomplish this goal but I need more details now how I can enable

- the .sh is it related to.ssh access?
- where should I place the codes?
- Should I being connected through Ethernet to avoid any failure or no need for Ethernet?
There is a wealth of information here RMerlin Wiki and includes examples of implementing scripts on the router.

Basics for creating/exploiting scripts.

1. Enable SSH access to router via the GUI
Administration->System TAB then Click 'Enable SSH=LAN only'
2. If you are using a Windows device then install WinSCP to create/edit the script file on the router.
I posted a mini-tutorial of getting a script onto the router via WinSCP:
Using WinSCP to create scripts/files on Asus Router

or SSH into the router then use the router's nano editor.
3. As per the Wiki, ensure your script is executable
SSH to the router using your preferred SSH Client (Xshell6,MobaXterm or PuTTY etc.) and issue

Code:
dos2unix   /jffs/scripts/this_script.sh
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/this_script.sh
4. Ensure that execution of scripts is enabled - either via the GUI
Adminstration->System TAB then Click 'Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs=YES'
or from the command line
Code:
nvram set jffs2_scripts="1"
          nvram commit
5. If you are logged on to the Routers SSH console you can now test the script

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/this_script.sh
By the way this link isn't working: https://pastebin.com/1Aap745G it was in your post.
The script was originally hosted on Pastebin, but was moved to GitHub, and the Pastebin link now refers to
here

There is a wealth of information here RMerlin Wiki and includes examples of implementing scripts on the router.

2. If you are using a Windows device then install WinSCP to create/edit the script file on the router.

SSH to the router using your preferred SSH Client (Xshell6,MobaXterm or PuTTY etc.) and issue

Code:
Adminstration->System TAB then Click 'Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs=YES'
or from the command line
Code:
          nvram commit

Code:

The script was originally hosted on Pastebin, but was moved to GitHub, and the Pastebin link now refers to
here

Thank you so much I really appreciate your effort of delivering an information, Well I am going to try and I'll give you feedback.
Best Regards.

Code:
or from the command line
Code:
          nvram commit

Code:

here

I am really trying to read and follow the steps but I am still confused I need you to help me like that:

1- .....
2- .....
3- .....

I have Enabled the SSH as you mentioned and I have opened WinSCP I entered the host as the IP of the router and username as the username that I am logging in to Asus GUI same thing for password after I clicked connect I am just in /tmp/home/root and it's empty now I am confusing about what I have to do?

Thank you in advance.

Code:
or from the command line
Code:
          nvram commit

Code:

here

I am sorry I am asking so much but I need to because the router is new and I don't want to mess it.

I am sorry I am asking so much but I need to because the router is new and I don't want to mess it.
I don't know how much more simpler those steps can be written out.

I have opened WinSCP I entered the host as the IP of the router and username as the username that I am logging in to Asus GUI same thing for password after I clicked connect I am just in /tmp/home/root and it's empty now I am confusing about what I have to do?
Did you follow my mini-tutorial Using WinSCP to create scripts/files on Asus Router ? - is it too difficult to understand how to navigate thru' the file system on the router, then copy'n'paste the code into the appropriate script file?

If the scripting is too difficult, then you will need to use the command line to manually run SQL queries using the sqlite3 utility (if not already installed) from Entware - assuming you know the SQL syntax etc.

Did you follow my mini-tutorial Using WinSCP to create scripts/files on Asus Router ? - is it too difficult to understand how to navigate thru' the file system on the router, then copy'n'paste the code into the appropriate script file?

If the scripting is too difficult, then you will need to use the command line to manually run SQL queries using the sqlite3 utility (if not already installed) from Entware - assuming you know the SQL syntax etc.

Yes I have watched it but is it normal to find no even 1 file inside it? is the normal case of this place is to be empty? this is what stopped me as I am thinking if I am the wrong place or what... so if it's normal tell me so I can complete the steps.

Thank you

I don't know how much more simpler those steps can be written out.
I believe it's too easy on you brother but I am not at the same level of yours, I am a beginner trying to learn and understand so it's normal to have couple of dark points in front of me because it's new thing on me so don't measure things depends on your knowledge.

Thanks

Yes I have watched it but is it normal to find no even 1 file inside it? is the normal case of this place is to be empty? this is what stopped me as I am thinking if I am the wrong place or what... so if it's normal tell me so I can complete the steps.

Directories '/jffs/configs' and '/jffs/scripts' are normally empty by default.

You need to manually create the custom scripts in '/jffs/scripts' as per the Wiki - that is the raison d'être for using the RMerlin firmware rather than the stock firmware.

You need to manually create the custom scripts in '/jffs/scripts' as per the Wiki - that is the raison d'être for using the RMerlin firmware rather than the stock firmware.

I was in tmp/home/root and it was also empty is it normal?

HOST = Router IP
PORT mostly 22 as mentioned in the GUI of SSH Access
Username: the username I log in by
Password: the password I log in by
is it correct?

I already have RMerlin 384.11 not the stock

I believe it's too easy on you brother but I am not at the same level of yours, I am a beginner trying to learn and understand so it's normal to have couple of dark points in front of me because it's new thing on me so don't measure things depends on your knowledge.

Thanks
Yea, sorry wasn't trying to offend, I was looking for away I could try and explain it in simpler measures, but I couldn't find any, that was all I meant.

tmp/home/root is the base directory. you would have to branch out to other directories, common method would be typing,
cd /jffs/scripts
or
cd /jffs/
or
cd /jffs/configs
then you will see more of that directory by simply typing
ls into the command line.

if the directories don't exist you could make them by typing
mkdir /jffs
mkdir /jffs/scripts
mkdir /jffs/configs
(the directories should exist if you have jffs enabled)

and then you would be able to use the cd command option above.

these are the base areas that all scripts are read from.

Yea, sorry wasn't trying to offend, I was looking for away I could try and explain it in simpler measures, but I couldn't find any, that was all I meant.

tmp/home/root is the base directory. you would have to branch out to other directories, common method would be typing,
cd /jffs/scripts
or
cd /jffs/
or
cd /jffs/configs
then you will see more of that directory by simply typing
ls into the command line.

if the directories don't exist you could make them by typing
mkdir /jffs
mkdir /jffs/scripts
mkdir /jffs/configs
(the directories should exist if you have jffs enabled)

and then you would be able to use the cd command option above.

these are the base areas that all scripts are read from.

Thank you so much sir I got your point, I am going to try and see what I can gain.

Thanks again, Best Regards.

Sir about those links also aren't working:

So here is my shoddy TrafficAnalyzer_Report.sh script to allow queries to be made on the Traffic Analyzer database
So here is my shoddy AiProtectionMonitor_Report.sh" script to allow queries to be made on the AiProtection Monitor database

and I didn't understand this point:
upload_2019-8-2_9-36-34.png

I have the Firmware 384.11 should I install anything?

Alright while I am executing the code it says:
9644 Entware sqlite not availble

NOTE: After I added the script and after I enabled SSH I didn't reboot the router.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-2_9-36-27.png
    upload_2019-8-2_9-36-27.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!