What's new

Can I forward ports without dropping connections?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rce

New Around Here
I change port forwarding configuration quite often because I usually host the games I play with my friends. I also run a Mumble server on the router and it's fairly annoying that it drops all connections for few minutes when I save the settings. Can I somehow prevent that from happening?

I dont' think there's anyway to avoid this

depending on what you've changed
it has to bring down the interfaces
load your changed settings, and then
bring everything up again with your new settings

I change port forwarding configuration quite often because I usually host the games I play with my friends. I also run a Mumble server on the router and it's fairly annoying that it drops all connections for few minutes when I save the settings. Can I somehow prevent that from happening?

HW acceleration requires a full router reboot whenever changing forwarded ports - this is a technical limitation. You will have to disable HW acceleration if the reboot is an issue for you - in that case it will only restart the firewall, which will have a lesser impact.