What's new

Can I run openvpn client on Asus RT-AC68U in Access Point mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rick Jesse

New Around Here
I'm looking at getting a ASUS wifi router and wonder if I can run the VPN Client if the router is in Access Point mode rather then router mode? I only need it to route traffic for certain wireless devices via a VPN and don't want to replace my current ISP router.

Rick

No.

I'm looking at getting a ASUS wifi router and wonder if I can run the VPN Client if the router is in Access Point mode rather then router mode? I only need it to route traffic for certain wireless devices via a VPN and don't want to replace my current ISP router.

Rick

You wil need to double NAT your ASUS router behind the ISP router. Will work fine as this is the way I currently run my network.

Thanks bought the ASUS RT-AC68U (flashed ASUSWRT-Merlin) router and works fine, my VPN drops from time to time, it tries to restart and get "auth failed" so it stops trying to connect. If I toggle the VPN via the gui it will start? Any ideas? I have a call into my VPN provider. I'm using the OPVN config file from the provider.

My client config:

# Automatically generated configuration
daemon
client
dev tun15
proto udp
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1194
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
comp-lzo adaptive