1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Can I see WPA3 clients from router? (AX88U)

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by MrRederick, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:02 PM.

1. MrRederick

MrRederick New Around Here

Upgraded last weekend and enabled WPA3 and found my laptop can’t be updated so now on WPA3/WPA2 joint mode.
    In theory my iOS devices should be using WPA3 but I can’t see a way to tell.

Is there anything on the router GUI that would help?

thanks!

2. Ari_el

Ari_el Occasional Visitor

Did you find a way to achieve this? I just upgraded to 384.15 and have wifi6 enabled in both radios but can't find a way to see if any client connected in wpa3. Samsung s10 was supposed to use wpa3 but I can't find a way to check

3. Makaveli

Makaveli Very Senior Member

I'm currently set to WPA2/WPA3 mode and if I check the settings of the connected network it shows this.

Try setting it to WPA3 on the router only then check if the phone can connect if connected then check the settings on the network from the phone.

I also have a Galaxy S10.

4. Ari_el

Ari_el Occasional Visitor

Well I realized the wifi status icon in the phone changed adding a little 6 to it. If I disable wifi6 in the router that goes away. I noticed the 6 since back when I installed thee ax88 router and enabled ax, before I flashed it with the new wpa3 firmware - so the phone icon is not related to wpa3 support.

The phone does connect when using wpa3-only so I guess it works. It would be nice to see in the router / client list which clients are better secured/ what auth and encryption they are using

5. Mutzli

Mutzli Senior Member

My OnePlus 7 shows it in the Wi-Fi connected setting.
    upload_2020-2-17_11-50-6.png

htismaqe likes this.