What's new

Can I setup RT-AC68U to have two vpn clients? can it work?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

scooby

Occasional Visitor
I have two usenet accounts with 2 vpns with it.
one vpn is based in miami and other us states. one has locations all over so I chose the london location for that one.
My plan is to use the us based vpn to access us services and the uk one to comply with bbc, amazon prime, nowtv etc.
I have tried to install both on asus using @yorgi thread but the router just stopped using both vpn and my ip was showing so I had to use the net adapter repair all in one to reset my pc network.
On the router, I then set the us client to default to erase the config because each time I set it to off and rebooted, it came back on immediately.
I am now back on the uk vpn only and its using the london based vpn ip address.
My question is- can it be done? use two vpn services to point to different locations and then using some sort of rule and probably a smattering of linux make different services go different locations? that will be so cool!
So can it be done?
thanks

I have two usenet accounts with 2 vpns with it.
one vpn is based in miami and other us states. one has locations all over so I chose the london location for that one.
My plan is to use the us based vpn to access us services and the uk one to comply with bbc, amazon prime, nowtv etc.
I have tried to install both on asus using @yorgi thread but the router just stopped using both vpn and my ip was showing so I had to use the net adapter repair all in one to reset my pc network.
On the router, I then set the us client to default to erase the config because each time I set it to off and rebooted, it came back on immediately.
I am now back on the uk vpn only and its using the london based vpn ip address.
My question is- can it be done? use two vpn services to point to different locations and then using some sort of rule and probably a smattering of linux make different services go different locations? that will be so cool!
So can it be done?
thanks
Hi
You cannot use 2 VPN clients from the same provider at the same time. That will cause a router conflict.
You can however use 2 separate VPN clients from different companies and that would work.
what usually happens is when you use 2 clients from the same VPN they have the same subnet and that causes conflicts.
The best practice is to have one on and the other off and switch them as you need them.

So this would be a manual switch between providers with no way to automatically route to allow one device to watch US-based TV and another to watch UK-based TV?

It depends on your VPN provider. Astrill allows on certain plans up to five connections. I was able to get three VPN clients running to three servers using policy routing. Didn't try five clients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk