What's new

Can I Update Firmware on Router Without Connecting to it?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hopkins802

New Around Here
Hi all,

I recently purchased a GT-AX6000 and in order for me to setup an older router as an AIMesh point, I had to go through quite the process. Wondering if it can be done easier when I get another router. I had to connect the other router to my modem, set it up, update the firmware, unplug it and reset the factory defaults. Is there anyway to update the firmware of a router that I want to use as an AIMesh point while staying connected to our main router?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a GT-AX6000 and in order for me to setup an older router as an AIMesh point, I had to go through quite the process. Wondering if it can be done easier when I get another router. I had to connect the other router to my modem, set it up, update the firmware, unplug it and reset the factory defaults. Is there anyway to update the firmware of a router that I want to use as an AIMesh point while staying connected to our main router?
Yes. All the AiMesh nodes will show the current firmware on the main router and can be upgraded from the main router. If Auto Upgrade is turned on the nodes will also auto upgrade.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!