What's new

Can not add the Media Server Path under USB Media Server page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chinese_ys

Regular Contributor
I have a RT-AC68U running Merlin v386.9 firmware. I have two USB drives connected.

I am not sure since which firmware version, but I recently found that the UPnP media server can not be accessed from clients...From the configuration page, attached below, it seems my server path configuration was deleted...I tried to add the path back but the router does not take it after click Ok and then Apply.

I tried to reboot the router as well as downgrade to the v386.7_2 but neither helped...

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.41.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.41.27 PM.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 40
Any other suggestions?
Yes, check the Bell or Alert icon to see what the alert message is. From your screen shot:
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.41.27 PM.png

If there is an error, clear/fix the error first then reboot the router and see if you can set the media path.

If it is the low NVRAM message some users are getting when updating to 386.9 then remove the USB hard drives and do a hard factory reset. Then reconfigure from scratch, do not import a saved backed up configuration file. Then reattach the USB drives one the router is running properly and check if you can set the media path.

Yes, check the Bell or Alert icon to see what the alert message is. From your screen shot:
View attachment 47673

If there is an error, clear/fix the error first then reboot the router and see if you can set the media path.

If it is the low NVRAM message some users are getting when updating to 386.9 then remove the USB hard drives and do a hard factory reset. Then reconfigure from scratch, do not import a saved backed up configuration file. Then reattach the USB drives one the router is running properly and check if you can set the media path.
Mine is that low NVRAM message. Will do a factory reset then.