1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Can not figure out how to downlaod new versions

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by alternety, Aug 23, 2019.

1. alternety

alternety Regular Contributor

Sorry. Please feel free to use "wow; stupid". Why is he allowed to have a computer; let alone a computer.

I have used the Merlin firmware for years (and contributed). But for months (and I think a change in hosting site), I just can not figure out how to download a new firmware package.

I have tried many many times.

I ask for a download. I see an icon representing a download. But I HAVE NO IDEA where the file is actually sent. I have no chance to chose where the download/zip will go; the download site just does whatever it feels like. I have looked through my computer trying to find where it went. A lot. No joy.

I am months behind. I am not happy with that.

Can someone please lay out the (unwashed civilian comprehensible) path to acquire the latest version. And maybe provide that information in the process of trying to update from the current repository. Understanding the process and required actions is very critical.

And post it in a prominent and persistent location for people like me.

2. Val D.

Val D. Senior Member

If you haven't made any changes to default download location, the file must be located in C:\Users\(username)\Downloads

Vexira likes this.
  3. COBOL-Coder

COBOL-Coder Occasional Visitor

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

Vexira likes this.
  4. COBOL-Coder

COBOL-Coder Occasional Visitor

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

5. Val D.

Val D. Senior Member

Did you find it?
    You can tell your browser where you want the downloaded files to go to.