What's new

Can not figure out how to downlaod new versions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alternety

Regular Contributor
Sorry. Please feel free to use "wow; stupid". Why is he allowed to have a computer; let alone a computer.

I have used the Merlin firmware for years (and contributed). But for months (and I think a change in hosting site), I just can not figure out how to download a new firmware package.

I have tried many many times.

I ask for a download. I see an icon representing a download. But I HAVE NO IDEA where the file is actually sent. I have no chance to chose where the download/zip will go; the download site just does whatever it feels like. I have looked through my computer trying to find where it went. A lot. No joy.

I am months behind. I am not happy with that.

Can someone please lay out the (unwashed civilian comprehensible) path to acquire the latest version. And maybe provide that information in the process of trying to update from the current repository. Understanding the process and required actions is very critical.

And post it in a prominent and persistent location for people like me.

Sorry. Please feel free to use "wow; stupid". Why is he allowed to have a computer; let alone a computer.

I have used the Merlin firmware for years (and contributed). But for months (and I think a change in hosting site), I just can not figure out how to download a new firmware package.

I ask for a download. I see an icon representing a download. But I HAVE NO IDEA where the file is actually sent. I have no chance to chose where the download/zip will go; the download site just does whatever it feels like. I have looked through my computer trying to find where it went. A lot. No joy.

Can someone please lay out the (unwashed civilian comprehensible) path to acquire the latest version. And maybe provide that information in the process of trying to update from the current repository. Understanding the process and required actions is very critical.

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/