What's new

Can we have a forum wide poll for favorite brand?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

digital10

Regular Contributor
I would like to see a forum poll where users choose their favorite router brand like "The People's Choice" . I always wondered which brand was the favorite out there.

RMerlin supported Asus.

There is no other. :)

I would like to see a forum poll where users choose their favorite router brand like "The People's Choice" . I always wondered which brand was the favorite out there.

We already know any such poll here on SNBForums would be rigged from the start, because SNBForums hosts the support forums for Asuswrt-Merlin, in addition to an Asuswrt forum where Asus occasionally posts test builds, attracting Asus users here. So, any poll result would be fairly meaningless due to the users that are attracted here specifically for Asus products.

We already know any such poll here on SNBForums would be rigged from the start, because SNBForums hosts the support forums for Asuswrt-Merlin, in addition to an Asuswrt forum where Asus occasionally posts test builds, attracting Asus users here. So, any poll result would be fairly meaningless due to the users that are attracted here specifically for Asus products.
hmmm... I didnt know snb was biased towards Asus I thought it was agnostic general home networking forum

hmmm... I didnt know snb was biased towards Asus I thought it was agnostic general home networking forum

The forums themselves aren't. It's the registered users that are skewed in favor of Asus, because SNBForums is the official support forum for Asuswrt-Merlin. Netgear users looking for support for instance generally go to Netgear's own forums.