What's new

Cannot access AiCloud from certain networks, but ok with a VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nfshp253

Regular Contributor
I've set up my AiCloud service to be on a DDNS address and on port 9443. I'm currently travelling and using a hotel Wi-Fi, and I'm having issues connecting to the AiCloud service on my router, in that it doesn't connect at all, causing the page to time out. However, with a VPN connection, I'm able to access AiCloud and the router's UI page on 8443 without issues. Without VPN, I can only access the 3389 remote pc port that I've forwarded. I'm guessing this is some firewall issue but I don't know how to fix this. Can someone help?

I've set up my AiCloud service to be on a DDNS address and on port 9443. I'm currently travelling and using a hotel Wi-Fi, and I'm having issues connecting to the AiCloud service on my router, in that it doesn't connect at all, causing the page to time out. However, with a VPN connection, I'm able to access AiCloud and the router's UI page on 8443 without issues. Without VPN, I can only access the 3389 remote pc port that I've forwarded. I'm guessing this is some firewall issue but I don't know how to fix this. Can someone help?
Router model and firmware version?