What's new

Cannot connect radio with WIFi anymore??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stardust

Regular Contributor
Hey all.

I got an AX86U, Merlin 388.1, with among other stuff an Philips TAM8905 radio/bluetooth/etc.
It has 802.11n as newest connection possible.
It used to be OK with smart connect.
I reset the radio and now it is not possible to connect with the router.
I tried disable smart connect and used 2.4 GHz only to connect - both with 20/40 MHz and with 20 MHz only
Both manual connection and WPS did not work.
Optimal I will have the "smart connection" enabled again - but not needed.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Attachments

• 2.4 GHz.png
    2.4 GHz.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 38
Change the Authentication Method to WPA2-Personal only. "Forgot" the connection on your radio and try connecting again.

Go to the Merlin 388.2 beta1 or the Asus 388.22525 firmware. The set up a guest WIFI on the 2.4 GHz band for the radio. Use the Dual Band SmartConnect for the main router WIFI with auto channel but set the 2.4 GHz to 20 MHz bandwidth. Disable WPS. Do not use the DFS channels.

@bbunge
Did as you suggested. It shows the WiFi icon correctly. But date and time when off shows only zeros when off and when I turn the radio on and will start internetradio, I got a "Network error" message. And can do nothing...

@bbunge
Did as you suggested. It shows the WiFi icon correctly. But date and time when off shows only zeros when off and when I turn the radio on and will start internetradio, I got a "Network error" message. And can do nothing...
Did you upgrade to Merlin 388.2 beta? It has improved WIFI drivers. Asus factory firmware is also good if you really do not need Merlin.

After checking everything I figured that it was my ISP that got a problem, it is fixed now after I contacted my ISP.and I am listening to Internet Radio right now ☺️
👍

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!