What's new

Cannot disable TrendMicro scan in 380.68_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gjf

Hi All.

RT-AC68U with Merlin 380.68_2.
Every time I am trying to go to http://www.emui.com the router redirects to "Warning! The website contains malware. Visiting this site may harm your computer blahblahblah"
According to logo it is TrendMicro false.
I have only "Vulnerability Protection" enabled in AIProtection - Network Protection, so I switch it off. Anyway the situation does not change.

What is going on?

I have all the TM AI Protection modules running and see no issue visiting that site.

Make sure you have the latest signatures installed :: Version 1.184 Updated : 2017/09/30 02:00

then try rebooting the router, if you still have problems a clean install would be a good idea.

The question is not about running modules and updates.
The question is why modules are running when they are disabled?

If you did as suggested you would probably find the answer.

Like I said , I have all the Ai Protection settings enabled and do not have the problem , the site you complain about works fine here so it must have been a false positive that has been removed in a later signature update.

If I turn off Ai Protection it stops working.

You probably have a corrupted firmware , when did you last reboot or factory reset after a firmware upgrade?

Last edited:
Damn, you're right - reboot solved the problem.
But I still wonder why.
If modules are running free of settings - it is nonsense.
The same nonsense is requiring a reboot with every TrendMicro update.

P.S. Nope, this crap is still exists!
Try to browse the website - go to Themes etc. I have a warning again immediately when I try to go to sections.
After that I cannot open the webpage again. It looks like TrendMicro module was disabled right after reboot - but then it re-enables again. WTF?!

Are you sure it's the router and not your browser? On my end, same router and firmware version doesn't have any problems browsing the Huawei site.

Damn, you're right - reboot solved the problem.
But I still wonder why.
If modules are running free of settings - it is nonsense.
The same nonsense is requiring a reboot with every TrendMicro update.

P.S. Nope, this crap is still exists!
Try to browse the website - go to Themes etc. I have a warning again immediately when I try to go to sections.
After that I cannot open the webpage again. It looks like TrendMicro module was disabled right after reboot - but then it re-enables again. WTF?!
Did you do a factory reset as advised?

Uh. Just performed it. It took a long time to restore all settings from the scratch. Whatever - the situation remains the same.

380.68_4 partially fixed the issue - but not in full: the TrendMicro blocking appears not always, but from time to time with new firmware when browsing the above mentioned page.

Once again: asking the questions please be noted I never used this feature and have no idea where to find details about it.
So: where could I find the date of signatures?