What's new

cannot save changes on AX-6000 wifi security changes when clicking apply.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GHog

Regular Contributor
When I login to my AX-6000 and go to Wi-Fi page I see that security settings are not set. When I select a setting and change it, hit apply, nothing updates. Any ideas on what may be causing this. This is my Aimesh master and the node, ax88U shows that is secured when I look at site survey. I do not see the AX-6000 radio channel and mac id when looking at site survey. Not sure I should see the Aimesh master, but I think it should show also. When I login to the iPhone ASUS app it shows my phone connection is secure and under the network in the setting tab it shows both Wi-Fi channels with wpa2/wpa3 selected. When using the app, I have checked the security setting when phone is connected to either the master or the node and the ASUS app shows connection is secure. So, any ideas why I cannot make changes from my desktop when logged into modem. This is something new for me since I updated from 388.2 beta to final version. One last thing, I had to clear out cookies and browsing history last week in MS Edge. Could clearing some browsing data, cookies and stuff, a few days cause this issue. 5ghz.jpg

When I login to my AX-6000 and go to Wi-Fi page I see that security settings are not set. When I select a setting and change it, hit apply, nothing updates. Any ideas on what may be causing this. This is my Aimesh master and the node, ax88U shows that is secured when I look at site survey. I do not see the AX-6000 radio channel and mac id when looking at site survey. Not sure I should see the Aimesh master, but I think it should show also. When I login to the iPhone ASUS app it shows my phone connection is secure and under the network in the setting tab it shows both Wi-Fi channels with wpa2/wpa3 selected. When using the app, I have checked the security setting when phone is connected to either the master or the node and the ASUS app shows connection is secure. So, any ideas why I cannot make changes from my desktop when logged into modem. This is something new for me since I updated from 388.2 beta to final version. One last thing, I had to clear out cookies and browsing history last week in MS Edge. Could clearing some browsing data, cookies and stuff, a few days cause this issue. View attachment 49764

If anything clearing cookies etc should help.

When was the last time you did a factory reset on the router (and reconfigure from scratch, not backup). Do you have any addons installed in your browser that block cookies etc (like ublock)?

When I do updates, I usually wait a few weeks and if everything looks good, then sometimes I do a complete reset and setup. I am thinking that the cleaning up of edge might have caused issue, in which I might have to start over on the setup. Just hate to do that. I do use adblocker plus, but I turned that off for a test and that did help. I better go back and look to see if ublock somehow got enabled in the add-on tab.

Thanks "drinkingbird" for your insights. I didn`t have ublock installed, but that got me thinking about my virus checker. I use BitDefender for virus and network protection. It did it`s job after it`s latest hourly update added something new. It thought Wi-Fi setting page was a threat and blocked any kind of change to page. Easy to fix and now security setup looks correct, and it can be changed.
Thanks again for your idea.

Thanks "drinkingbird" for your insights. I didn`t have ublock installed, but that got me thinking about my virus checker. I use BitDefender for virus and network protection. It did it`s job after it`s latest hourly update added something new. It thought Wi-Fi setting page was a threat and blocked any kind of change to page. Easy to fix and now security setup looks correct, and it can be changed.
Thanks again for your idea.

Bitdefender most likely installs a browser plugin that blocks certain cookies and referrals/redirects etc just like ublock or adblock will do. So adding that page to the exemptions should resolve the problem (just like with those other apps). It probably didn't think the page was a threat (though maybe), more likely just got caught in some general blocking. I find lots of stuff doesn't work with those sorts of extensions enabled, though I haven't had any issue with ublock and my Asus, but I'm also on older hardware and code.