What's new

Cannot save settings on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blackhawk

New Around Here
My router was rebooting constantly. I sent it back to ASUS and I started configuring the replacement unit today.

I do have strange behavior. I can not save any changes. I can navigate through the pages, but whenever I hit Apply, nothing happens. I cannot change language either. I managed to setup WAN and Wifi through the Internet setup.

I decided to flash the router with AsusWRT-Merlin 384.8_2 through recovery mode (as nothing happens when I select the file through the manual firmware update page). However I have the exact same problem.

Am I overlooking anything? Trying to avoid going through another painful RMA process.

EDIT: Tried to factory reset. Neither the Restore nor the Initialize button seems to work. It brings up the warning window, but then nothings happen when I it OK.

Last edited:
Which browser? Any extensions/plugins such as an Adblocker/NoScript?

Do any errors come up in the Developer Tools (F12) Console when you click?

Which browser? Any extensions/plugins such as an Adblocker/NoScript?

Do any errors come up in the Developer Tools (F12) Console when you click?
I solved the issue. It seems to be PC related. Swapped to laptop and iPad, both working.

This is generally caused by a browser add-on.

This is generally caused by a browser add-on.
Hey I don't know how I can thank you. This is it.
I wasn't understanding why I couldn't save the settings on my RP-AC68U excepted when I was offline. It was because of the Brave Shield function which works like an adblocker and blocked a pop-up simply so I couldn't validate everytime... Disabling the Brave Shield instantly solved this.
Thank you so much ! <3