What's new

Cannot use printer on LG NAS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mito

New Around Here
NAS: LG NAS 2TB N1A1 (firmware 10119)
Printer: Canon MG2220
Laptop: MacBook Air with Mac OS Lion version 10.7.5
Printer Drivers: Downloaded from Canon website and installed the MG2220 printer driver on my Mac.
--
I connected the printer to NAS via A/B USB cable. I enabled network printer from the web menu of NAS. NAS web menu confirms and displays the printer. I then added the printer using my laptop by going thru the system preferences > printers > add using the "+" sign > select windows > select workgroup > select lg nas > select the Canon MG2220 from the menu. Everything seems to be fine as I can find and add the printer on my laptop, however whenever I send a print job to the printer, the printer icon appears in the Dock area at the bottom of my desktop and then it displays an exclamation mark. When I click on the icon, it displays a screen where it says 306 communication error, and complains that it cannot communicate with the printer.

If I unplug the printer from the NAS and connect the printer directly to my MacBook Air, then it prints everything just fine. So I can certainly tell there is nothing wrong with the printer driver I installed from the Canon website.

I don't know how I can make it work to print using the USB port on NAS.

Can anyone please help?

Additional info

Oh by the way, I did verify that the USB port on NAS is working fine. I tested it by connecting a thumb/flash drive to the NAS USB and I can access the files in the thumb drive in the network. Also printer can be found thru workgroup>lg-nas>canon_mg2220 path under printer setup in macbook air.

I don't know why I cannot successfully print when the printer is connected to LG-NAS via usb.

I look forward to your responses. Thanks!