What's new

Can't Access My RT-AC3100 Router GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fairmarketvalue

Occasional Visitor
Happy New Year everyone.

I have an Asus RT-AC3100 router as the main router in a mesh system that also includes an Asus RT-AC1900P router as a node. The other day I upgraded the 3100's firmware to the most recent factory version using the router's GUI. This morning I tried unsuccessfully to access the 3100's GUI using Firefox and then Edge. While I can get to the console's login page and enter my username and password, it won't show the console page that normally appears thereafter. (Note: even though I can't access the 3100's console page itself, I still have Internet access for all of the devices on my network - my PC is connected to the 3100 via Ethernet, while the other devices are accessible via the system's 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless networks.

In addition to trying to access the router via its GUI, I also tried to access it directly with the router.asus.com and 192.168.1.1 addresses, but no joy. I have repeatedly unplugged the router and tried to reboot it that way and try again, but have had no luck there either. Is there any other way I an get to the GUI console page without having to perform a complete reset of the router? I'm reluctant to go the reset route because I understand I will have to completely rebuild the mesh network as well, and for a non-technical person like me that is a real challenge. Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!

I had a very similar experience on my RT-AC88U which I detailed more in response to the release thread on ASUSWRT - Official forum.