What's new

Can't access router configuration (AC-68U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

morfeto

New Around Here
Hi everybody,

I've just updated my RT-AC68U to 386.1_2 version. I don't know the previously installed version, probably one year older. The fact is that I can't access router configuration now: when I type my router's IP, I see a new (for me) screen: "AiCloud". I can access using my old user and password, but the next screen is not the one I expected. Yo can see the new screen attached. The problem is I can't find where to set all the parameters in my router. Where can I find WAN config, LAN config, Wifi config, VPN and more? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. And not interested on AiCloud...

Thank you for your help.

Captura.JPG

Hi everybody,

I've just updated my RT-AC68U to 386.1_2 version. I don't know the previously installed version, probably one year older. The fact is that I can't access router configuration now: when I type my router's IP, I see a new (for me) screen: "AiCloud". I can access using my old user and password, but the next screen is not the one I expected. Yo can see the new screen attached. The problem is I can't find where to set all the parameters in my router. Where can I find WAN config, LAN config, Wifi config, VPN and more? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. And not interested on AiCloud...

Thank you for your help.

View attachment 30985

If your installed the correct firmware, it may need to be reset to its new factory defaults and configured from scratch.

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore (preferred)
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE

Thank you @OzarkEdge. About ten hours after upgrading my router I've tried to access it again... and all is working fine, as expected. I can't understand this, but I finally have a happy ending so...

I'm having the same issue. After upgrading to the last firmware it must have started that upgrade mentioned in the release notes. First the webui would display login and after entering credentials would just display a blank white page, but otherwise rooter seemed to work. Two days later the webui has been replaced by AiCould and WiFi no longer works ( old devices that had IP allocated can connect to the network but have no internet, new devices can't even connect ). The USB HDD connected to the router is now also inaccessible.

This upgrade is in it's 4th day now, nowhere near the "5 minutes to an hour" as the changelog suggests. Is hard reset the only way to restore it or would that just restart this never ending process again ?

Thank you

You'd need to reset router after you update to avoid issues. And also let it sit for a while before you do anything after an update. This usually allows router to build db.