What's new

Can't access Routers UI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bones5050

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I am having trouble accessing my RT - AC66U's main page. This only happens after my weekly backup running TrueImage 2014 backing up from a wired computer on my LAN to a wired NAS device. When trying to access the routers web UI, I enter the user name and password and the page just sits there with a blank page.

The size of the backup file is about 234GB and takes anywhere from 4-6 hours. What's frustrating is this doesn't happen every week, but is sporadic.

The network seems to be working without issue. both wired and wireless, I just can't access the routers UI. The only thing I can do is physically reboot the router.

I'm running Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.40_0 on a RT-AC66U. The NAS device is a Buffalo CloudStore with a 2TB drive. The NAS is connected directly to the router and so is the computer I'm backing up.

Thanks for any help!

Try a different browser.

Thanks for the reply. I will try a different browser the next time it happens, however, I'm not sure it's a browser problem. I've never had a problem using Chrome to access the UI and this only happens when using TrueImage to backup to my NAS device. Having said that, I don't want to rule anything out and will try FF or IE to see if that's the issue.

If you have a switch on the same network try using these ports for your comp and the NAS. It helped in my case as the switch is doing the hard work and not the router.

I do have a switch and will try that, thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!