What's new

Can't boot rescue mode (RT-AC66U B1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bryan P

New Around Here
I purchased a late 2019 and now 2020 RT-AC66U, and I can't seem get into Rescue Mode to flash Merlin. The device is an RT-AC66U B1, HW RV: B2.

I can clear the NRAM easily enough, but when I hold down the reset button, the device merely powers off. It doesn't flash slowly like all the guides say it should.

The last model, I filed an RMA because I thought it was defective. But this is the second one like this.

Am I doing it wrong? Or a new HW revision remove rescue mode?

If the router boots just flash the Merlin firmware from the gui.

Just dusted off my AC66U_B1 and did a test. First mistake I made was to press the WPS button while powering on. This did wipe all settings. With my brain reset I did use a small pointed object, a pen, to press the reset button while powering the router on. Took less than 10 seconds for the power light to slow flash. The reset button is between the USB2 port and the blue WAN port.

Just dusted off my AC66U_B1 and did a test. First mistake I made was to press the WPS button while powering on. This did wipe all settings. With my brain reset I did use a small pointed object, a pen, to press the reset button while powering the router on. Took less than 10 seconds for the power light to slow flash. The reset button is between the USB2 port and the blue WAN port.

did you see my post that said my HW Rv is B2?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!