Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Can't change DHCP address pool on RT-AC3200

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by dikkiedirk, Feb 17, 2017.

1. dikkiedirk

dikkiedirk Regular Contributor

I upgraded to the 4180 firmware a while ago and the last couple of days my router kept dropping internet connection. This morning I decided to do a factory reset and I am now configuring my router. I always set my DHCP pool to 192.168.10.xxx, but the router refuses any change of the DHCP address pool. It just comes back with the message 192.168.10.2 is not a valid IP address. Same with any other number. Can anyone say what is wrong and possibly give a fix? Same happens with the latest Merlin firmware.

2. dlandiss

dlandiss Senior Member

Did you set the router's own address to that subnet before attempting to define the pool? AFAIK the first three fields of the DHCP definitions obey the 255.255.255.0 mask so those fields need to match the router.

3. dikkiedirk

dikkiedirk Regular Contributor

OMG, what a stupid mistake on my account. I've been running around in circles and keep coming to the same point again and again. The price for moron of the day goes to me!
    Thanks a lot for putting me on the right track again!

4. dlandiss

dlandiss Senior Member

Good news is always welcome...........