What's new

Can't change DHCP address pool on RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dikkiedirk

Regular Contributor
I upgraded to the 4180 firmware a while ago and the last couple of days my router kept dropping internet connection. This morning I decided to do a factory reset and I am now configuring my router. I always set my DHCP pool to 192.168.10.xxx, but the router refuses any change of the DHCP address pool. It just comes back with the message 192.168.10.2 is not a valid IP address. Same with any other number. Can anyone say what is wrong and possibly give a fix? Same happens with the latest Merlin firmware.

Did you set the router's own address to that subnet before attempting to define the pool? AFAIK the first three fields of the DHCP definitions obey the 255.255.255.0 mask so those fields need to match the router.

Did you set the router's own address to that subnet before attempting to define the pool? AFAIK the first three fields of the DHCP definitions obey the 255.255.255.0 mask so those fields need to match the router.
OMG, what a stupid mistake on my account. I've been running around in circles and keep coming to the same point again and again. The price for moron of the day goes to me!
Thanks a lot for putting me on the right track again!

Good news is always welcome...........

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!