What's new

Can't change wifi channel settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

agilani

Very Senior Member
I have two different routers running 384.19 and I'm having problems changing the channel settings or bandwidth on both the rt-ac88u running in normal router mode and the rt-ac86 running in repeater mode. Anyone else seen this? In the example below, changing channel bandwidth or control channel does not take effect. Same thing on the other router as well.

1598347986190.png

On the RT-AC86U, did you format the JFFS partition properly afterward?

With random glitches like this, it points to needing a full reset of the router(s).

When was the last time a full reset to factory defaults was done on these? How many firmware versions ago?

The rt-ac86 is new and was just setup a few firmware revisions ago. I did not setup a separate jffs partion as its only a repeater. I'll do a full wipe on it as resetting it up as a repeater isn't going to be as difficult as resetting up the rt-ac88 which is currently my base router.