What's new

Can't connect to site on VPN through Asus AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redlead3

New Around Here
I can connect to the site (https://xxxxxx.crm.dynamics.com/) through my router, but when I connect to the VPN on my home network it doesn't connect to the site. This is strange because if I am on another network and use the VPN it works fine.

I explained the situation to my IT group at work and they told me to change routers at home. haha.

What can I look at on my router to allow this site to be connected to while on VPN on the home network?

I can connect to the site (https://xxxxxx.crm.dynamics.com/) through my router, but when I connect to the VPN on my home network it doesn't connect to the site. This is strange because if I am on another network and use the VPN it works fine.

I explained the situation to my IT group at work and they told me to change routers at home. haha.

What can I look at on my router to allow this site to be connected to while on VPN on the home network?
From what I understand you have your router Setup as a server? and when your away and try connect to the VPN Server from another PC you cannot connect using the dynamics.com?
use the Asus ddns it works great.
Then you will have to export a new ovpn file and set that up on your devices.

From what I understand you have your router Setup as a server? and when your away and try connect to the VPN Server from another PC you cannot connect using the dynamics.com?
use the Asus ddns it works great.
Then you will have to export a new ovpn file and set that up on your devices.
Sorry, the router is purely a router to go to WAN. When on the LAN, I can connect to Dynamics, but when I turn the work computer's VPN on I can't reach it. I want to know if I can whitelist the URL somehow while on the VPN. It's such a strange issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry, the router is purely a router to go to WAN. When on the LAN, I can connect to Dynamics, but when I turn the work computer's VPN on I can't reach it. I want to know if I can whitelist the URL somehow while on the VPN. It's such a strange issue.

I am pretty sure I can help you but I really don't understand what you are trying to do.
Can you give a more detailed description of what you are trying to do, how many routers are involved.
what each router's tasks are. As it stands now I have no idea what you are trying to do
thanks

As it stands now I have no idea what you are trying to do
Exactly what I was thinking. :D

I suspect that part of the puzzle is that he is trying to connect from a "work computer" (probably a laptop) that has a software VPN client which allows him to connect to his company's LAN. When connected to his company's LAN (via the software VPN) from home he can't reach the Dynamics site, but he can when he takes the laptop to another remote location. @redlead3 Is this anything like what you are trying to describe?

@yorgi If my guess is correct does this sound like a split tunnelling issue to you?

I suspect that part of the puzzle is that he is trying to connect from a "work computer" (probably a laptop) that has a software VPN client which allows him to connect to his company's LAN. When connected to his company's LAN (via the software VPN) from home he can't reach the Dynamics site, but he can when he takes the laptop to another remote location. @redlead3 Is this anything like what you are trying to describe?

@yorgi If my guess is correct does this sound like a split tunnelling issue to you?
It could be many things but I think its a windows firewall issue that needs to allow traffic from VPN
He should be able to connect to the VPN server of the company and then connect to the VPN server at home and see his files and remote desktop. I just logged on to PIA from my phone and then onto my router and saw the shares.

This is the issue. I wanted to know if I can configure something on my router to allow the connection over the VPN client to Dynamics.

What is your VPN client software?
Can you connect to the Dynamics site from a normal work PC on the corporate LAN (not remote)?

What is your VPN client software?
Can you connect to the Dynamics site from a normal work PC on the corporate LAN (not remote)?

Yes, the IT techs are telling me it is most likely the automatic proxy configuration. They said to test with this turned off in IE.

It's a Juniper VPN.

I can connect to Dynamics from home/work without VPN. Work network is already setup to VPN. Home network won't connect over the VPN.

Yes, the IT techs are telling me it is most likely the automatic proxy configuration. They said to test with this turned off in IE.

It's a Juniper VPN.

I can connect to Dynamics from home/work without VPN. Work network is already setup to VPN. Home network won't connect over the VPN.
This doesn't sound like it's anything to do with your router, more likely a PC issue. As the PC is a corporate device it would be best to work with your IT department on this.