What's new

Can't find my NAS on other computers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sunkids

New Around Here
I recently change my router from WNDR4500 to ASUS N66U(FW 100). I have a QNAP 219PII contect to the router directly. The issue is I had hard time to see my NAS in other devices all the time. It will show some time and most time just can't. Is there something I should setup in the router? Please help.

I recently change my router from WNDR4500 to ASUS N66U(FW 100). I have a QNAP 219PII contect to the router directly. The issue is I had hard time to see my NAS in other devices all the time. It will show some time and most time just can't. Is there something I should setup in the router? Please help.

I too have a QNAP NAS attached to the N66U with no issues. I would suggest that you manually set the LAN IP to a fixed IP and make sure that you have port forwarding set for the multimedia port.

I too have a QNAP NAS attached to the N66U with no issues. I would suggest that you manually set the LAN IP to a fixed IP and make sure that you have port forwarding set for the multimedia port.

Thanks. But I did give a fix ip to the NAS. The problem is sometime I do able to see over the wireless, but most of time it won't show up. But it seems works fine from the cabled desktop pc.

I can see it under "OTHER DEVICES" and I can access NAS over web GUI as well.

Last edited:
Definitely strange. I dont have issues connecting via the QNAP android app from my phone. In the QNAP android app I set the address to <WAN IP>:<port number>. Once connected I can stream movies from my phone either WIFI or 3G.

ok, this is what i just did

I try directly to the IP on my laptop

\\192.168.1.7\public

and I can actually access my NAS but check this scren shot. It doesn't show under "Computer", but do see it under Network.

What's matter with my router?

Attachments

• NAS.jpg
    NAS.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 409
ok, this is what i just did

I try directly to the IP on my laptop

\\192.168.1.7\public

and I can actually access my NAS but check this scren shot. It doesn't show under "Computer", but do see it under Network.

What's matter with my router?

Sorry I really dont see anything wrong with the screen shot. I have a mapped drive to the QNAP NAS which I use when I watch via WIFI from my laptop. Can you create a mapped drive from the laptop?

my bad. when it working properly, it will show the name of the NAS in the red circle. so I don't have to use the IP to access everytime.

Attachments

• NAS1.jpg
    NAS1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 671

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!