What's new

Can't for my life open port 51413 for Transmission

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnnaX

Occasional Visitor
I tried it all, I can't seem to be able to open port 51413 for Transmission on a Asus RT-N66U running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried it all, I can't seem to be able to open port 51413 for Transmission on a Asus RT-N66U running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Could you tell us what all you have tried? Also why still on 380.70??

Could you tell us what all you have tried? Also why still on 380.70??
Because that is the last version for that router model.
From your other post here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...dress-for-asus-aicloud-ftp-application.57904/

It sounds like you’re routing your traffic through a VPN client, so I think it complicates matters more. I don’t run a VPN client, but if this is still your setup, it might help others chime in.
Indeed I am! I run a VPN client in AsusWRT-Merlin firmware, constantly on and the have binded Transmission to an internal ip which is routed through the VPN-tunnel.

Indeed I am! I run a VPN client in AsusWRT-Merlin firmware, constantly on and the have binded Transmission to an internal ip which is routed through the VPN-tunnel.
All the ports are open when using an OpenVPN client on 380.70. How are you determining that port 51413 is not open?

Bear in mind that you would have to be connecting to a VPN server that allows P2P connections. If you want to forward a particular port like 51413 you would have to ask them to set it up on their servers for which they usually charge an additional fee.

All the ports are open when using an OpenVPN client on 380.70. How are you determining that port 51413 is not open?

Bear in mind that you would have to be connecting to a VPN server that allows P2P connections. If you want to forward a particular port like 51413 you would have to ask them to set it up on their servers for which they usually charge an additional fee.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to address this issue of mine.

I tried https://canyouseeme.org/ and also Transmission lists port 51413 as being closed. I tried opening the port by running a firewall-start script but to no avail. My VPN provider allows P2P-connections (I use Anonine).

My VPN provider allows P2P-connections (I use Anonine).

https://help.anonine.com/support/solutions/articles/5000792702-port-forwarding-faq
How can I enable port forwarding?

You can enable port forwarding in user panel. External port - is one is accessible from internet, internal port - the one that you open on your computer.

What should I do to enable port forwarding on my computer?

Nothing, after enabling port forwarding in client area and connecting to vpn, the port will be already forwarded to your computer.

Why can't I change public port?

Public port is assigned automatically to any user due to security and reliability reasons. It will be assigned to user and cannot be changed. This specific port will be valid on any server and will be forwarded automatically after re-connection/changing a server.

I have uninstalled Transmission (formatted the JFFS-partition) and I changed the setting on my Anonine account, see below and rebooted my router, all tests (testsite) still show the port as closed.
32261d822b711b3485fe82a7d34462bebe8c0038.jpg
c42bf8008d93248d49b0f7a8942be7889d694350.jpg

Because that is the last version for that router model.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to address this issue of mine.

I tried https://canyouseeme.org/ and also Transmission lists port 51413 as being closed. I tried opening the port by running a firewall-start script but to no avail. My VPN provider allows P2P-connections (I use Anonine).
Why is that?
Public port -> Outside looking in (or outside/public facing)
Local Port -> Inside looking out (inside network)

Public port -> Outside looking in (or outside/public facing)
Local Port -> Inside looking out (inside network)
I understand. I checked the port through the website and its still closed. I guess I will need to make a configuration on my router as well?

I understand. I checked the port through the website and its still closed. I guess I will need to make a configuration on my router as well?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be done from GUI or through Putty, Im guessing Putty since Transmission seems to run on a lower level.
You've already stated that you've made non-standard modifications to Transmission to get it to work through the VPN. We don't know what those modifications are or the implications of those changes.

You've already stated that you've made non-standard modifications to Transmission to get it to work through the VPN. We don't know what those modifications are or the implications of those changes.

I have to agree with @ColinTaylor. We are just throwing darts in the dark. How did you make changes previously regarding the port? GUI or putty?

I have to agree with @ColinTaylor. We are just throwing darts in the dark. How did you make changes previously regarding the port? GUI or putty?

I have removed Entware and Transmission, I reformatted the JFFS partition.

I still cannot open up the port, right now I have set my VPN provider, Anonine, to open port 51413 and I have also configured port forwarding on the router as below:
7e1e8d9d36605b9b66b7ea0bbf6a143ca3d6d831.jpg

I have removed Entware and Transmission, I reformatted the JFFS partition.

I still cannot open up the port, right now I have set my VPN provider, Anonine, to open port 51413 and I have also configured port forwarding on the router as below:
7e1e8d9d36605b9b66b7ea0bbf6a143ca3d6d831.jpg
You need to open 11167 not 51413 on the router. 11167 is the public facing port.......

See this...it may help.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037906