What's new

Can't force wifi device IP address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonnyB

Occasional Visitor
I have a wifi device, Arduino ATOM used for a Tally light, that assigned an IP address outside my wifi range. I have done this a few times before but have not had this problem before. My router is an Asus AC68U with Merlin 386.1 beta4. The set IP range is 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254. The device has set itself to 192.168.101.150, which is outside the IP range.
I opened the Merlin admin page and went to Lan > DHCP Server and added a new entry at the bottom so that the device was set to 192.168.1.99. It shows up in the manual list but the device is still outside the range at 192.168.101.150.
Is there a way to force the device to have an IP address within the range (like 192.168.1.99) ??
Windows 10-64 Home

The device has set itself to 192.168.101.150, which is outside the IP range.
You are connected to the first guest network slot. Connect to guest networks 2 or 3 instead.

Update to the current release version of the firmware, 386.3.

Thanks for the help. You were correct. I had to disable the guest account and then I could tweak the IP address in DHCP.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!