What's new

Can't get a von running on 3.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
hi guys long time no talk eg no problems but today I tried to use a vpn ( express Vpn) and I could not get it to run even though it says running under vpn status .
under client it said,connected ( internet not directed)
I only just then noticed the new,VPN director ,setting /tab on merlins 3.2 but it said ,,no internet traffic,,stop client,,so I am a bit confused actually I'm totally stumped
what am I missing , if the director says stop client should that not mean that it should be connected
PS I tried to edit the title from von to vpn , dumb spellcheck but you can't edit the title

Last edited:

Thanks for the links. I had a strange problem,I usually use express VPN,s DNS server,s to stream US content from Australia via my Roku devices. I use dynu DNS to register my IP address automatically whenever it changes. Yesterday though I was unable to stream anything so I tried to manually register my IP address on dynu but the IP address it showed was a VPN address even though I hadn't turned the VPN server on .
Express VPN support were no help so I thought I would do your max,,min reset and all good now.
Bizarre though eh.
Before doing the reset I checked the box to choose the DNS automatically and tried to use the VPN I sometimes use ,LA 3 but I couldn't get the IP address to change, everytime I checked my IP on dynu it would not change,it just stayed on the one that it seems to have picked for itself, strange behaviour from my old 88 U