What's new

Can't get AI Mesh to work.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zekesdad

Regular Contributor
I have an Rt-AX88U on 388.1 fw and a RP-AC1900 on fw 3.0.0.4.386_49703. If i connect the AX lan to the AP wan, I can get the ai mesh to connect, but then it immediately says the connection is weak, even though the unit is 1 foot away (and still plugged in at that?). If I disconnect it, that's it, it's never connecting wirelessly, just like it couldn't be found wirelessly. I'm kinda at my wit's end with this. Any help would be really appreciated.

Isn't the RP just a wireless repeater? I wasn't aware they fell within the scope of AiMesh-able asus equipment...but I don't know everything.
Anyways...I don't think you can do what you think you can with what you've got.
you can set up the repeater, but I don't think it will mesh.

just like it couldn't be found wirelessly

Common AiMesh issue when your main router is running Asuswrt-Merlin. If fail back to wireless is not working after wired initial AiMesh setup your only AiMesh option left is stock Asuswrt on the main router. Otherwise use it as Repeater - the performance will be the same, no Guest Network though.

I was working on setting up a mesh with a ax86u and an ac68u Both were running newest merlin. After days of different things the only way I could get them to connect correctly was both of them on a stock firmware 1 version older than current

Most routers can get connected wired and then AiMesh fails back to wireless, but I never had an AiMesh compatible repeater to test with.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!