What's new

Can't install Entware or Download Master

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WebX

New Around Here
I'm trying to use my RT-AC68U as a bittorrent client to improve seeding.

I used to be able to install Download Master, but now I get "Cannot connect to the internet". I tried combinations of re-flashing and resetting my settings to no avail.

So I figured I would use Transmission via Entware.

But it basically gets to "Modifying Start Scripts" and then hangs, and then just returns to the prompt.

Also note that my drive comes up as "mnt/NAS" instead of "mnt/sda1".

Also, checking for updates doesn't seem to do anything. It sits there like it can't connect.

I can't figure out why the router can't connect to its own internet connection.

Merlin 384.3.

No VPN and it is running as a wireless router.

The first step on that link is "Install Entware" Which is of course my problem. Though they did mention the JFFS custom scripts setting which I will have to check on when I get home.

No VPN and it is running as a wireless router.

The first step on that link is "Install Entware" Which is of course my problem. Though they did mention the JFFS custom scripts setting which I will have to check on when I get home.
If you have no custom scripts in the /jffs/scripts or /jffs/configs folders, then I would check the "Format JFFS partition at next boot" in the Administration/System tab. Then reboot.
It could be that this file system is corrupt. After rebooting check "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs", have a compatible USB device plugged in and try to install Entware again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!