What's new

Can't login by PC/LAN - RT-AX56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DavidHK

Occasional Visitor
Kinda stuck. Just set-up new router- all working with Merlin until I decided to move it to a new location and pulled the LAN cable apart. 2 days later the internet guy came and put a new plug on it.

I then tried to log-in to my router with 192.168.50.1 (and also 192.168.1.1) and it kept saying 'unable to connect'.

I tried my Asus Network discovery tool and it shows '0' units. Previously (and still) it showed the 192.168.50.1 as the IP.

I have reset the router and am able to log-in via the ASUS router app. But no attempts by LAN has worked. By wifi I am also unable to log-in.

Asus app says there is a firmware update, but it fails when trying to upload (it goes all the way through the uploading process- says completed- upload failure).

I've searched high/low, turned off firewall and just don't know how to get into my router now. BTW, the router.asus.com also does not work...

On the Asus app I have 2 laptops and a phone connected- none show on the app as 'devices', only the router shows...

But I have internet access... and no idea whats going on...

Thanks all... this is a great forum with some helpful knowledge shared...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200427-223346.jpg
    Screenshot_20200427-223346.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 368
  • Screenshot_20200428-053748.jpg
    Screenshot_20200428-053748.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 305
98 views and no replies... I am sure this is odd... and I have figured out the issue and want to leave a reply in case this happens to another adventurous tinkerer...

I have NordVPN and under 'Advanced' there is an option 'Invisibility on LAN'... even though NordVPN was not on/active, by turning this setting back off- everything worked again... I was able to access router and update firmware (manually). Guess the 'Invisible on LAN' really works ;)

I can confirm this behaviour with the NordVPN app. So this a PC issue and has nothing to do with the router (which is why there were no replies).

Yep - had the same problem - when NordVPN was on my PC, I couldn’t connect to the router, nor see my LAN connected printer. Took forever to figure it out. Just delete Nord, do what you need to do with the router, and then reload Nord when done.