What's new

Can't mount 4TB on RT-AC5300 w EXT4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ram

New Around Here
I recently purchases a Seagate Backup Plus 4TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive, model STFM4000100. The drive will mount as NTFS, but I cannot get it to mount when formatted as EXT4. I have verified that the drive is using GPT when formated as EXT4. The drive will mount in Ubuntu 17.04. I've also tried formatting with different tools. Disks in Ubuntu, gparted in Ubuntu, and Mini Tools Partition Wizard on Windows 10. I can post logs later, but basically it says "ext4 couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features". I am using the latest Merlin build.
Any ideas?

Also, I am only slightly familiar with the command line for Linux, but if you are clear, I can follow directions well. :)

but basically it says "ext4 couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features".
I remember seeing this reported here before. Search the forum and I'm sure you'll find the existing discussions.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!