What's new

Can't Remote In via public HTTPS with VPN Enabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shaun4BigBlocks

New Around Here
I have a Synology 1019+ running DSM 6.22. The issue that I am having is only when I have a VPN client enabled. When my VPN client is enabled, I can only access the DS1019+ through it's private local static WAN IP address. I am unable to access the DS1019+ remotely using both the public WAN static IP address along with the https domain name associated with the public WAN static IP address.

As soon as I disable the VPN client I can once again access DSM all three ways. I have even tried disabling the local static WAN IP address fed through LAN 1 along with toggling the service orders around. Any ideas, resources are pretty scarce on anything Synology involving anything but the simplest setup and I am started to become frustrated with DSM...

The VPN client shows data being both sent and received along with "Connected". I have also tried several different openvpn configuration files, and from several different VPN providers, so at this point I am ruling it out being an issue with the VPN configuration itself.

Any ideas pertaining to this issue, as opposed to alternative ideas such as "run a VPN client instead" would be much appreciated.