What's new

Can't Stream After Setting Up Bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rjupiter

Occasional Visitor
A little while back i got myself a NAS and because i can't / don't want it connect to the main router where i live, i share the internet and its a common area, i decided to get another router for the NAS and set it up as a bridge. This all worked fine and good and i have all my stuff, laptops, xbox etc... hooked up to it and am able to use/stream stuff from the NAS no problem. the issue now is that no one else can access the files on the NAS or on my local HD.

i have my files set to stream, like they were before, through WMP 12 and sometimes the xboxes etc... hooked up to the main router can see the NAS but it won't connect and i am not sure why. is this an issue with WMP 12 or is it the fact that i am hooked up to the bridge and everyone else is to the main router or something else?

the only way i can get files to share, mainly local ones on the hd in my laptop, is to connect to the main router. which if i do that then i can't access the NAS on my end.

not sure what i can do any help would be appreciated.