What's new

Can’t use 160Mhz in Mixed AC & AX mesh environment

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WMar

Occasional Visitor
Anyone have idea that my mixed Asus mesh environment cannot use 160Mhz in 5ghz? It seems only 80mhz in 5Ghz channel under WiFi 6. I have RT-AX86x TUF-AX3000 & RT-AC-5300.

Anyone have idea that my mixed Asus mesh environment cannot use 160Mhz in 5ghz? It seems only 80mhz in 5Ghz channel under WiFi 6. I have RT-AX86x TUF-AX3000 & RT-AC-5300.

Can you use 160MHz in an AX only environment? If not, then maybe your router DFS is prohibiting 5.0 160MHz bandwidth at your location.

OE

The AC5300 only does 80 MHz on both 5 GHz bands and used in an AiMesh network will limit the AX86U to 80 Mhz. Just the way it works.

The AC5300 only does 80 MHz on both 5 GHz bands and used in an AiMesh network will limit the AX86U to 80 Mhz. Just the way it works.
So, by using an AC AiMesh node with an AX main router, you're limiting the main router to 80 MHz? Better to dump the AiMesh setup and just use the AC device as an AP?

So, by using an AC AiMesh node with an AX main router, you're limiting the main router to 80 MHz? Better to dump the AiMesh setup and just use the AC device as an AP?
Correct. Or just be happy with 80MHz. You can get pretty frustrated trying to push 160MHz.