What's new

Casting to av receiver

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peace25

New Around Here
Hi,
I'm trying to cast music from Deezer app and from Google home mini to an AV Receiver that has google chromecast built in with firmware version 1.29 but for some reason I'm not able to get a proper connection , each time I cast full album it only play one song or two and struggle to play the whole album , it actually cut off
I have Asus DSL-AC68u , I'm I doing something wrong ?
Thanks

Hi,
I'm trying to cast music from Deezer app and from Google home mini to an AV Receiver that has google chromecast built in with firmware version 1.29 but for some reason I'm not able to get a proper connection , each time I cast full album it only play one song or two and struggle to play the whole album , it actually cut off
I have Asus DSL-AC68u , I'm I doing something wrong ?
Thanks

Perhaps try disabling Wireless\Professional\Airtime Fairness?

Update AVR firmware?

OE

Perhaps try disabling Wireless\Professional\Airtime Fairness?

Update AVR firmware?

OE
I have already done that , the AVR receiver is running the latest Stock firmware but i noticed the avr receiver is running an old firmeware cast 1.29 while google home mini is running latest firmware 1.35 so i'm not sure if this is the cause ... Any other suggestion ? Thanks

I have already done that , the AVR receiver is running the latest Stock firmware but i noticed the avr receiver is running an old firmeware cast 1.29 while google home mini is running latest firmware 1.35 so i'm not sure if this is the cause ... Any other suggestion ? Thanks

Can you ping the AVR repeatedly from the app WLAN to see how it responds? If no glitches, the intra-network may be fine.

Have you tried casting from other apps?

Is the embedded Chromecast for audio only? I ran into this in an extremely overpriced sound bar. Audio only is marginally useful, imo.

Is the AVR wired? Try a different cable? Put a cheap switch inline to mix it up?

I'm tempted to suspect the AVR/embedded Chromecast and advise:
o Avoid embedded technology since it is prone to expire without recourse;
o Go to Walmart, buy a $35 Chromecast2 (or Ultra), and plug it into an HDMI port on the AVR (what I have in a SONY STR-DN1040). A discrete Chromecast updates itself... it's always talking to Google.

But I could be wrong.

OE

Keep in mind that Chrome Casting is generally point to point over wifi, not thru the regular WLAN

Keep in mind that Chrome Casting is generally point to point over wifi, not thru the regular WLAN

It seems like I use the Chromecast WiFi Direct AP to setup a Chromecast on my WLAN. After that, Chromecast no longer broadcasts its WiFi Direct AP. It then receives Internet streams directly over my router/WLAN from the Internet source.

What do you mean by point to point over WiFi?

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!