What's new

Casting to Smart TVs on different Aimesh nodes fails

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Upvalen

New Around Here
I'm running an AiMesh setup with one RT-AX88U as main and one AC86U and AC68U as nodes. Backhaul is wireless. All three running 384.14 beta 3 firmware. There are three Smart TVs, two of which are connected to the AC86 and one to the AX88U. All connections are using 2.4 GHz wireless.

The problem is although all three TVs are online with strong signal coverage, it is impossible to cast from another device, say a cell phone to a TV if they are connected to different nodes. For example, if the target TV is connected to the AC86U and the phone/laptop is connected to the AC68U, even though the phone/laptop lists the target TV as a "connected device", when I try to cast to the TV, the casting indicator will just spin endlessly for long minutes before failing.

Things I have tried:

1. Trying other firmware versions on one or all nodes and main router. Versions tried include all 384.13 and 384.14 variants.

2. Turning on and off Smart Connect (currently disabled), Universal beamforming (currently disabled), IGMP Proxy (currently disabled), IGMP Snooping (currently disabled).

Nothing works.

Can anyone shed light on this problem and offer some suggestions?

Thanks.

What I would try here is making sure that the RT-AX88U's 2.4GHz radio is not using WiFi 6 specs.

If that doesn't solve anything after rebooting the router and all the devices you're testing with, I would set up a new (test) SSID that has never been used before on your network. Reboot all devices tested, along with the router, and see if this helps.

Question: did you do a full M&M Config after flashing the firmware you are using?

Edit: Also, I would be testing 384.15 Alpha 1 instead. :)