Composed of Wireless AC and Wireless AX products, D-Link just announced a slew of new mesh networking devices, including seven routers, three extenders and one Wi-Fi system. All devices will support the Wi-Fi Alliance's Wi-Fi EasyMesh technology enabling formation of mesh networks with other D-Link devices.
The new mesh products will also include profile-based parental controls that uses a tap-and-set interface to add wireless devices and schedules, WPA3 encryption support, BSS coloring, compatibility with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, as well as chat support using the D-Link Wi-Fi app.
The four new Wi-Fi 6 routers replace the AX6000 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-X6060) and AX11000 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-X9000) announced at CES 2018 and which never shipped.
Product specs other than those above are scarce, but here’s a quick list of what to expect in 2020:
- AC1900 Scalable Mesh Wi-Fi Router (COVR-1900-US), Q1 2020, $119.99
- AC1750 Mesh Wi-Fi Router (DIR-1750-US), Q1 2020, $99.99
- AC1900 Mesh Wi-Fi Router (DIR-1950-US), Q1 2020, $119.99
- AC1750 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1755-US), Q1 2020, $99.99
- AC1950 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1955-US), Q1 2020, $109.99
- Smart AX1500 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (DIR-X1560-US), Q1 2020, $119.99
- Smart AX1800 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (DIR-X1870-US), Q2 2020, $139.99
- Smart AX2400 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (DIR-X2460-US), Q3 2020, $159.99
- Smart AX5400 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (DIR-X5460-US), Q1 2020, $279.99
- AX1800 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Range Extender (DAP-X1870-US), Q2 2020, $129.99
- AX1800 Whole Home Mesh System (COVR-X1872-US), QX22020, $269.99