1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Featured CES 2020: NETGEAR Combines Wi-Fi 6 And DOCSIS 3.1 In First-Of-Kind-Modem

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Julio Urquidi, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Julio Urquidi

Julio Urquidi News Editor

netgear-cax80.jpg
    A recently announced honoree of the CES 2020 Innovation Award, the AX6000 NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 Cable Modem Router (CAX80) is the first retail DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem to include Wi-Fi 6 radios.

Built for Gigabit+ internet services, the Nighthawk AX8’s modem component will support 1Gbps+ internet speeds.

Physical interfaces on the Nighthawk AX8 include four GbE ports, one Multi-Gig (1 GbE/2.5 GbE) port and USB 3.0. Other noted features include link aggregation, auto firmware update and compatibility with Netgear’s Nighthawk Mobile App.

Available later this month, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Cable Modem Router will have an MSRP of $429.00.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  2. Peter_M

Peter_M Occasional Visitor

In 2019, my provider has started to propose 2 Gbits/s download (600 mbits upload) instead of the 1 Gbits/s with a new model of their modem with their fiber channel. We have that connection, but still with the old modem, therefore limited to 1 Gbits/s. I already can view YouTube video in 8k at 60 fps with no lag while my wife is streaming a movie. DOCSIS 3.1 is welcome but regarding the real need, I will wait to see what is offered.

TheLostSwede likes this.