Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Change ES.dict language file

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Xusqui, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Xusqui

Xusqui New Around Here

Hello, neighbors and friends...

I am a long-time user of ASUS-WRT Merlin firmware and have notice that some sentences aren't translated (i.e, the blocking pages when parental control is activated) and I would like to translate them by modifying the /www/ES.dict file, but I get an error as it is a read-only file system...

So, How could I change the ES.dict file (wouldn't mind to share after).

Thanks in advance.

2. Adamm

Adamm Very Senior Member

You would either have to host the file on a USB then mount it upon startup, or submit a pull request to the main repo so the changes can be added to the firmware.

3. Xusqui

Xusqui New Around Here

Thank you very much... I think I'll submit a pull request!

---Edit---

Ok... "pull request" submitted... Hope to be approved.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

I don't make any change to the dict files, because these are very difficult to merge with upstream changes from Asus. Merging the webui code is already one of the most difficult parts of merging a new GPL, I don't want to make it even more problematic.

5. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

One could always do the translations and submit a diff back to Asus upstream from RMerlin's branch - Asus may appreciate the effort.