What's new

Change MAC address in Dual WAN/LAN Ethernet mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jeden

Regular Contributor
I want to know if it is possible to change the MAC address of the secondary WAN interface in Dual WAN/LAN Ethernet mode.

After a bit of tinkering I've figured what I need is to change the MAC address of that LAN port (if such thing is possible), probably via a script that executes on startup, but I'm lost as to how to achieve that.

After a bit of tinkering I've figured what I need is to change the MAC address of that LAN port (if such thing is possible), probably via a script that executes on startup, but I'm lost as to how to achieve that.
Set the primary MAC address using the MAC clone option in the GUI and use the following to change the LAN address:
Code:
nvram set et0macaddr="30:5A:3A:C7:9A:20"
nvram commit
reboot

Set the primary MAC address using the MAC clone option in the GUI and use the following to change the LAN address:
Code:
nvram set et0macaddr="30:5A:3A:C7:9A:20"
nvram commit
reboot
Thanks, but is that for the WAN port or for the LAN1 port? What I need to change is the MAC of the LAN1 port, I believe.

Thanks, but is that for the WAN port or for the LAN1 port? What I need to change is the MAC of the LAN1 port, I believe.
You can't change the address of individual ports***. Also, the WAN and LAN ports share the same MAC address (yes, that's a bit counter-intuitive). So what that command does is change the MAC address of both the WAN and LAN ports, and then you override the WAN MAC address in the GUI.

*** You never said what router model you have. Options might be different for the HND models.