What's new

Change Sensitivity Threshold

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Embrace

New Around Here
Hi there,

Is it possible to change the sensitivity threshold of the AC66U via telnet?

I want to install 5 AP with same ESSID and different channels which are connected to a gigabit switch which is connected to a server via 10Gb fiber.
The distance between the APs is roughly 10 meters.
The use case is several AC66Us in media bridge mode to upload 8 GB of data in 5 minutes with either robocopy on Windows or rsync on Ubuntu. These media bridges are in a line slowly moving so that they should roam to the adjacent AP. This does however not work, because the signal strength of all APs is good enough anywhere in this relatively small space. It is planned to use directional antennas, but I do not have them yet (good ideas for these antennas are also welcome :)).

Because the AC66Us are connected via Ethernet to the client PCs in the cars, I cannot use "iwconfig sens" on Ubuntu or Roaming Sensitivity Level on Windows (is this an equivalent setting by the way?).

My idea was to change the sensitivity threshold on the AC66U as with the iwconfig sens command on Ubuntu. Is this possible?
Also interessting would be a list of telnet commands for the AC66U and the settings you can change.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

PS: I would welcome such functionality in the firmware. It should at least be possible with the PCE-AC66, which is released hopefully in the very near future.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!