What's new

change SSID on MESH nodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spikemixture

New Around Here
Hi .
I have 4 Asus Routers connect via AImesh.
1 is hardwired and 2 are wireless to the main Router.
That part works OK.
My SSID on the main router is MYOFFICE
When setting up e.g. a Camera 'outback' I get 3 or 4 MYOFFICE SSIDs and therefore do not know which router is closest to the camera !

Can I change the SSID on each Router (eg Bed, Laundry, Kitchen) so I can connect the cam to the actual mesh router that is closest (and not guess by looking at signal strength - which does not work).

No.

Hi .
I have 4 Asus Routers connect via AImesh.
1 is hardwired and 2 are wireless to the main Router.
That part works OK.
My SSID on the main router is MYOFFICE
When setting up e.g. a Camera 'outback' I get 3 or 4 MYOFFICE SSIDs and therefore do not know which router is closest to the camera !

Can I change the SSID on each Router (eg Bed, Laundry, Kitchen) so I can connect the cam to the actual mesh router that is closest (and not guess by looking at signal strength - which does not work).

The only adjustments I can think:

o Disable Smart Connect and connect to band-specific SSIDs;

o Use less nodes and/or separate the nodes farther apart for less signal overlap;

o Try Wireless\Roaming Block List (I have not). Edit: And another function just mentioned here in another thread... see AiMesh\node\Client List\client bind-to-node option, the chain/link icon.

o Evaluate signal power at the client location and adjust Wireless\Professional\Roaming Assistant RSSI threshold to encourage the client to roam to the better signal.

I would do the first two and hope to not experiment with the last two.

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!