1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Changed DDNS service

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Akki, May 25, 2020.

1. Akki

Akki Occasional Visitor

Hi guys,

I was using only no-ip as ddns service but i changed last night to dnsomatic as i am also using opendns home as dns filter. As i understand , and it looks like its working i have added both of those services to dnsomatic and it looks good.

BUT, SSL sertificate is stuck in Updating.... looks like its caused but changing DDNS service

Searching the forums i found /sbin/le_acme , i run it from SSH but nothing really changed.

Is there a way to force update without factory reset?

Thanks in advance!

2. heysoundude

heysoundude Very Senior Member

I believe this is a well-known issue/bug. I also believe the bug mis-reports, making that "Updating" a false indicator that something is wrong.

Akki likes this.
  3. Akki

Akki Occasional Visitor

So your suggestion too would be to do factory reset , setup new DDNS and ask for new certificate?

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Let's Encrypt won't work with DNS-o-Matic since you are not using a real DDNS hostname, but a meta-service instead.

Akki likes this.
  5. Akki

Akki Occasional Visitor

Thanks Merlin,

I will then go back and setup DDNS to no-ip, and manually update IP for opendns filtering.

6. heysoundude

heysoundude Very Senior Member

Tunnelbroker.net has been working brilliantly for me. Set up a free account and they walk you through it quickly and painlessly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk