What's new

Changing default IP addresses in new AC86U to match my old AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fred2u

Occasional Visitor
Hello there... I searched but didn't find answers, so here I am asking for your help.

I recently bought an AC86U to replace my old AC68U. Unfortunately, the default IP address sequence in the AC86U begins with 192.168.0.1... whereas my old AC68U's sequence starts with 192.168.1.1... Because I have several devices with static IPs it would be much easier for me if I could match the default IP address sequences in both routers, rather than changing the individual device settings.

Is this possible and, if yes, are there some things to watch out for? Thanks for your advice.

And others have 192.168.50.1 by default for theirs.

You can use whatever you want, but it won't make any difference in how quickly you can configure it.

Yes, unfortunately -- But, can I simply reassign the sequence in the DHCP "Basic Configuration" option, apply, and reboot?

Set the desired router static IP (192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0) under LAN\LAN IP. Apply.

Set the desired DHCP Server IP Pool (192.168.1.10-254) under LAN\DHCP Server. Apply.

Set the desired WAN public DNS Setting (No, Quad9 9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112) under WAN\Internet Connection. Apply.

Feel free to use your own settings. Expect some logins.

OE

Last edited:
Set the desired router static IP (192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0) under LAN\LAN IP. Apply.

Set the desired DHCP Server IP Pool (192.168.1.10-254) under LAN\DHCP Server. Apply.

Set the desired WAN public DNS Setting (No, Quad9 9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112) under WAN\Internet Connection. Apply.

Feel free to use your own settings. Expect some logins.

OE
Thank you, OzarkEdge - very helpful. Quick question though -- Not sure I understand what you mean by 'expect some logins'?

Thank you, OzarkEdge - very helpful. Quick question though -- Not sure I understand what you mean by 'expect some logins'?

Changing IP addresses will force network reconnections, which will break your router webUI session, requiring you to login again from/to a new IP address. Normal stuff.

OE

And others have 192.168.50.1 by default for theirs.

You can use whatever you want, but it won't make any difference in how quickly you can configure it.
Changing IP addresses will force network reconnections, which will break your router webUI session, requiring you to login again from/to a new IP address. Normal stuff.

OE
Got it -- thanks again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!