What's new

Channel issue on 5g at 160ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mstar

Occasional Visitor
hello all, anybody tell me how i can find interference on channels on asus routers? i tried looking gin wireless log but i am not sure how to spot this? for testing i set my 5g network on 160mhz.

The reason i ask is that my 5g network seems to have gone offline? i manually set it to channel 128 last week and only today its gone offline. Is this a natural thing thats happening it goes offline if interference detected?

I am trying to see where in logs it will say this only thing i saw is this:

Channel 100 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 104 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 108 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 112 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 116 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 120 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 124 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 128 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 132 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 136 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 140 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive

Is the passive on channel 128 a reason?

If i set it to 20/40/80/160ghz and auto everything works and it sets to channel 100.

i am thinking the router to scanned for radar activity, and activity is detected, the AP is STAYYING off that channel for a period of time? and thats why my network went offline?

Never a good choice assign a DFS channel. Router detects RADAR and 5 GHz goes off line. Also better to do 20, 40, 80, 160 MHz and maybe auto channel. Forcing 160 MHz will frustrate you.

Never a good choice assign a DFS channel. Router detects RADAR and 5 GHz goes off line. Also better to do 20, 40, 80, 160 MHz and maybe auto channel. Forcing 160 MHz will frustrate you.

i put to Channel bandwidth 160 MHz and selected Enable 160 MHz AND put control channel to AUTO. however when i look on WIFI MAN it says this network is bandwidth is still 80mhz, is this becuase i have run out of space OR the app is wrong?

i put to Channel bandwidth 160 MHz and selected Enable 160 MHz AND put control channel to AUTO. however when i look on WIFI MAN it says this network is bandwidth is still 80mhz, is this becuase i have run out of space OR the app is wrong?

Googling 'Wifi6 DFS' returns [Wireless Router] What is DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) and how does it work on ASUS router? | Official Support | ASUS Global

Assuming RADAR/DFS interference is an issue at your location, try these 5.0 max bandwidth and control channel settings (US) to not use DFS bands/channels:

80MHz bw, disable 160MHz; control ch 36-48,149-161

OR, let the router vary max bandwidth and control channel to coexist:

20/40/80MHz bw, disable 160MHz; ch Auto, exclude DFS bands/channels (36-48,52-64,100-144,149-165)

Using 5.0 DFS channels (required for 160MHz bandwidth) is a marginal proposition that your router DFS may prohibit at your location. The router Wireless Log lists current WLAN signals/bw/ch, 'noise', DFS status/action, and client/node connection details... cryptic, but there.

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!