What's new

ChatGPT. You are under attack.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

follower

Very Senior Member
ChatGPT can make exploits, codes, and hack so easily. It can find vulnerability too. Of course it can attack devices with those vulnerabilities. ASUS routers? There is no exception. All of your network devices are under attack. You don't have to know about hacking or anything. There is only one thing you need to use proper words and sentences to say. You don't believe it?;)

Facts, please, to back up your assertions.
Facts? There are too many facts. It has been happened from last year. Following links are just a tiny part of it.

There are some websites provide remote attacking tool for ChatGPT. There are paid underground tools for ChatGPT. Those tools can inject exploits, codes, ping, scan and more. Actually, you don't need those tools. You just need LINUX like Kali. That's it. I can give you a tip. Some languages like English may not give you proper results. But some languages give you better and nice results. Real world? I can't tell you the detail but I can tell you I saw hacking Routers, Switches, CCTV, IPTV, IP CAM and more. However I don't do it. ChatGPT 4 is coming.
It will be much...
Do you know that ChatGPT can access Internet?

Last edited:
FUD

Comments from those same articles :

• Adriasgard
    26 January, 2023

I think these articles are being somewhat tabloid, the same codes that the chat helps you to write are the same ones that you can find publicly on the internet, the chat is an assistant and makes it easier for you to place the code you are asking , for example: a code that does port scanning within a network, you can find the same thing in 100,000 examples on the internet,

• Carla Mahl Kelly
    9 January, 2023

All the sci-fi writers cut their teeth on AI subjects. Corporations didn't bother worrying about such things, however, except where it would make them money.

FUD? You are killing me?🤣 There are so many facts and proofs. Go and find them on internet. You can only say FUD? A lot of people are using ChatGPT for hacking. A lot of students are studying ChatGPT for hacking at the Universities. There are a lot of ChatGPT hacking forums with many languages in many countries. You don't even know what's going on out of your room. Let me ask you something. I'm pretty sure you don't even know what the Kali is. 😂
Bring the facts that it's not true ok? You can't. Because you know nothing.

Last edited:
ChatGPT currently cannot replace a skilled programmer. You'd still need to know what you are doing for any exploit code to be fashionned in a working state. And OpenAI are constantly making adjustments to prevent these type of uses. This generally results in ChatGPT replying that it's not allowed to write that kind of code. (yes, there are ways to partly work around it, but it's something being actively improved on by OpenAI).

A few days ago I tried to get ChatGPT to write me a short perl script that would connect to a remote service and handle some basic functions. Basically a 20-30 lines script. After trying for three hours, I gave up. It kept providing code that flat out wouldn't even run, making use of functions that didn't exist in the specific Perl module I asked it to use for the API. It was like asking a junior programmer to write something, and instead of reading the API documentation, he was trying to blindly guess it.

After the first 5-6 iterations ("It returns errror BLAH@" "My apologies, here is a fixed version"), I cleared my conversation, and generated a new query with all the desired parameters (it must connect using this specific Perl module, using TLS, etc...), including specifying a different, more modern Perl module to handle the API calls. This time, it refused to provide me with a complete script, due to it being potentially harmful (for the records, there was nothing nefarious at all about that script). It would only provide me with portions of the script, and generic recommendations.

So I eventually had to give up. If I had been a skilled Perl programmer, I could probably have reused what it provided, and fixed it - but I wasn't.

Bottom line is, ChatGPT isn't a replacement for a skilled, knowledgeable programmer. It's merely a tool, just like StackExchange, to help you.

Wikipedia didn't kill off encyclopedias and libraries...

ChatGPT currently cannot replace a skilled programmer. You'd still need to know what you are doing for any exploit code to be fashionned in a working state. And OpenAI are constantly making adjustments to prevent these type of uses. This generally results in ChatGPT replying that it's not allowed to write that kind of code. (yes, there are ways to partly work around it, but it's something being actively improved on by OpenAI).

A few days ago I tried to get ChatGPT to write me a short perl script that would connect to a remote service and handle some basic functions. Basically a 20-30 lines script. After trying for three hours, I gave up. It kept providing code that flat out wouldn't even run, making use of functions that didn't exist in the specific Perl module I asked it to use for the API. It was like asking a junior programmer to write something, and instead of reading the API documentation, he was trying to blindly guess it.

After the first 5-6 iterations ("It returns errror BLAH@" "My apologies, here is a fixed version"), I cleared my conversation, and generated a new query with all the desired parameters (it must connect using this specific Perl module, using TLS, etc...), including specifying a different, more modern Perl module to handle the API calls. This time, it refused to provide me with a complete script, due to it being potentially harmful (for the records, there was nothing nefarious at all about that script). It would only provide me with portions of the scripts, and generic recommendations.

So I eventually had to give up. If I had been a skilled Perl programmer, I could probably have reused what it provided, and fixed it - but I wasn't.

Bottom line is, ChatGPT isn't a replacement for a skilled, knowledgeable programmer. It's merely a tool, just like StackExchange, to help you.

Wikipedia didn't kill off encyclopedias and libraries...
That's why many people are using different languages instead of English. Skilled programmers and hackers are making better results in short period of time. ChatGPT can't replace skilled programmers for now. But ChatGPT is gettting better. Many people thought Robots would not replace human. Look around the world. Many robots are replacing human. It will replace many things in the future. Yes, AI. Now, MS Bing got powered up. Many hackers are using Bing too now.

Last edited:
That's why many people are using different languages instead of English. Skilled programmers and hackers are making better results in short period of time. ChatGPT can't replace killed programmers for now. But ChatGPT is gettting better. Many people thought Robots will not replace human. Look around the world.
Many robots are replacing human. It will replace many things in the future. Yes, AI.

Why do you assume Merlin used English ? It is not his first language.

It will replace many things in the future.
And there is nothing wrong with that.

I'd rather see robots moving inventories within an Amazon warehouse and paying higher wages to someone to manage and do maintenance on these robots than pay minimum wages to a person to do the very boring (and often dangerous) job of just moving large boxes around by hand all day long. It`s progress. Have machines do the more dangerous or repetitive jobs, and create new better paid jobs in designing, manufacturing, operating and maintaining these robots, giving human beings more stimulating jobs.

I would rather earn a living cleaning up a machine than spending 12 hours a day installing the same 6 screws over and over on a Ford assembly line like they used to do back in the 1920's.

Skilled programmers and hackers are making better results in short period of time.
Which is the point, and very different from your initial claim that:

You don't have to know about hacking or anything. There is only one thing you need to use proper words and sentences to say.

ChatGPT is just a tool, and like any tool it requires a skilled user to properly use it.

Last edited:
Which is the point, and very different from your initial claim that:

ChatGPT is just a tool, and like any tool it requires a skilled user to properly use it.
ChatGPT doesn't require a skilled users. It helps both skilled and not skilled users.

You need to know something ...... answer is available to you . Why ask if you don't want to find out?

One of the more forum friendly answers :
How the frack should i know that this was "google-able"?
And besides, i did ask to find out. Just you who think that google is for everything and that asking is like what? Rude?

Both you and that other fellow are breaking the rules on this forum though.
I think they updated and highlighted that not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!