What's new

Cheapest reliable wireless router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

barich

New Around Here
I need a router for an Echo Show and one wired desktop. That's all that will be connected. No need for particularly long range, either. All I really care about is that it will be reliable. I am going to be hundreds of miles away and don't want to have to walk through power cycling or more complicated troubleshooting all the time.

Thoughts?

The ASUS AC-RT51U is cheap and cheerful. It can do wireless bridge, AP or router modes. I have one of these as it has a 3G/4G double wan for traveling away from home. It’ll do the job you want it for. 4 ports for Ethernet. £34.99. There are two variants of the 51U

ASUS RT-AC51U Dual-Band Wireless AC750 Cloud Router (USB for Media Server, 3G/4G Sharing , Erfast 802.11ac Wi-Fi Router with Multifunctional USB for 3G/4G Sharing, AiCloud) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XUDWDZE/?tag=smallncom-21

I would go for a Netgear R6300V2. Rock solid router, you just set it up and forget about it.