What's new

Chrome Remote Desktop Disconnects continually after updating stock Firmware to Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MICHAEL R DZIEGIEL

New Around Here
First time Asus-Merlin user here. Upon installing it, I'm not longer able to keep connections with Chrome Remote Desktop which is what I currently use to access my PC's remotely. It disconnects on all PC's after 5 second. This never happened with any stock router firmware. seems like the router is kicking me off. Is there some sort of setting or connection I need to allow?

Asus RT-AC88U running latest version of ASUS-Merlin firmware.

Any help greatly appreciated as i'd like to continue using this Firmware however I need to be able to remote access my PC's

Michael

After installing RMerlin firmware, it is highly recommended that you do a full reset to factory defaults and follow up with a minimal and manual configuration to secure your router and connect to your ISP.

Please see my signature below to see the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides for further details on how to get your router to a good/known state.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!